Hi

I was investigating the number of commits done while adding a sling job via
AEM workflow for performance implications. I see that while writing the job
to the resource tree, there's a commit made at each level of the tree when
creating the resource. See [1], [2] .This can inadvertently lead to
multiple commits if the resource tree is not present and all the levels
need to be created.

Is there a specific reason for which the commit need to be done at each
step? Can this be reduced to a singular commit after the whole resource
tree is created? Are there any implication of this which I am unable to see?

Satya Deep

[1] - https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/
extensions/event/resource/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/event/impl/jobs/
JobManagerImpl.java#L641
[2] - https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/
extensions/event/resource/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/event/impl/support/
ResourceHelper.java#L273