Hi Andrei,

On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 14:58 +0000, Andrei Dulvac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I'm asking this so late, I wasn't available when this
> discussion was
> at its peak.

Welcome to the discussion :-)

> With the git extreme repo split, how will commits that touch two
> repos be
> handled? Or pull-requests? Would I have to open two PRs for a
> functionally-atomic change?

Well, a functionally atomic change should not IMO touch multiple
modules.

If you need to touch multiple modules then you perform multiple commits
or open multiple pull requests.

> How are projects that have reactors and SNAPSHOT dependencies going
> to work?

Just like they do before - the CI always builds and deploys snapshots
so each project will be independently buildable. It's been this way
since we switched to per-module Jenkins jobs.

> It feels to me that this strict one maven module per repo would
> introduce
> some artificial problems and besides git tags, I see no tangible
> advantage
> to doing so.

When working with 280 modules, simplicity is a great advantage :-) With
the (IMO rare) situation of needing to touch multiple modules in one
go, what other problems do you see with this approach?

Note that we will introduce a way of locally checking out all
repositories in a single directory so you will be able to work on a
single filesystem view.

> If it's a question of two-way referencing, the <scm> tag in the pom
> file
> should be enough for anybody or any tooling.

Not sure what you mean by two-way referencing, can you elaborate on
that?

Thanks,