Adjusting the dependency implicitly has an effect on the import-version range
being calculated by bnd for Sling bundles depending on Oak.
Therefore depending on 1.7 most probably prevents the same Sling bundle from
running with Oak 1.6.
We had this discussion before and basically we were advised to only depend on
the stable versions of Oak back then.

So I would much rather prefer to still rely on the last stable release.
Konrad