From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacre...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:49 AM
To: dev <dev@sling.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Git force push

EXTERNAL

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:33 PM, Stefan Seifert <sseif...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> i would also vote for *not* allowing push --force..

+1, my understanding is that one can destroy history with that...which
we don't want.

I have never used --force-with-lease so far but according to [1] it only allows
you to force-push if no-one else has pushed changes up to the remote in the
interim.

If that's correct (does anyone have experience with it?) I'd be in favor of
allowing --force-with-lease but not --force. With our many repositories we
often have a single committer working on a given repository for some time, in
which case --force-with-lease could help, apparently.

-Bertrand

[1] https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/2015/04/force-with-lease/