On 12.02.2018, at 01:23, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
> The basic proposal as I see it would be to add a new 'sling' top-level
> github repo, which means that:
>
> 1. we control what goes in there - README.md most importantly
> 2. old links to sling commits and files will be broken .

No! It's absolutely not necessary to break the old links.

If apache/sling is based on the "old" repo, and you are only adding new stuff
on the "master" branch (which is new, as it was never used in the subversion
based Sling), you don't have any conflicts.

You can have your cake and eat it too in this case - that's what I am trying to
say all the time :D It's just a matter of working with infra to copy things
around and replace the github repo accordingly.

Cheers,
Alex