Currently the OSGi Installer is relying on the ConfigurationHandler from the
ConfigAdmin to parse *.config files
(https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-installer-core/blob/0a34e33dd26092437be5180e34979abbf9a88300/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/installer/core/impl/InternalResource.java#L257).

According to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5306?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16526093#comment-16526093
 it seems that now the Felix Utils ConfigurationHandler
(https://github.com/apache/felix/blob/trunk/utils/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/utils/properties/ConfigurationHandler.java)
 is the more stable parser, as it is used by the FileInstaller (so even in the
future, we can rely on it being backwards compatible) while the
ConfigurationHandler of the ConfigAdmin should only be used by Felix
internally. Also the latter supports user-friendly float/double notation.

Does anything speak against switching from the CA one to the Felix Utils one
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7757)?
IIUC both should be compatible (as the latter is a fork from the former).

The initial driver really is user-friendly float/double value support but I
think in general it is preferable to rely on a stable parser/serializer.

The write-back would need to be modified at the same time in the File Installer
(https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-installer-provider-file/blob/ba2153071d71251c1c31402b6f39cc2061bf63cf/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/installer/provider/file/impl/FileInstaller.java#L204)
 and the JCR installer
(https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-installer-provider-jcr/blob/7fbd3963466ccd5ef8cf7eae6498f2f565e04931/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/installer/provider/jcr/impl/JcrInstaller.java#L780).

What do you think?
Thanks in advance for the input,
Konrad