Hi Simo,

On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 14:06 +0200, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all,
> due to a private need I implemented a tool that, as a Sling
> committer, I
> would like to promote inside this community in order to have it as a
> public
> domain.
>
> The basic idea is to automate the production of documentation,
> providing to
> both developers and customers a centralised documentation of all HTTP
> entry
> points and Metatype configurations.

This looks nice, thanks for bringing it up for discussion. I think we
could use a tool to enhance documentation for Sling.

A couple of notes/questions:

1. The sample markdown output is wrapped, it would be more useful if
attached as a plain-text file.

2. Is there any support for removing certain classes or properties from
the output? I can see situations where we don't want to expose
something, based on whether it's deprecated or internal.

3. Is there support (or planned support) for adding additional data to
the output? I think a plain descriptive output for a certain component
is good, but it might be useful to complement it with other
information, such as a free-text description.

4. Does this tool depend on Sling in any matter? Briefly looking over
your email it looks like it builds on top of the OSGi annotations ( +
Felix/Sling specific ones ) so it could also potentially find a home in
the Felix project.

Thanks!