+1 to move the tests closer to the code.

Regarding the path src/test/it (mentioned in the wiki page): Shouldn't we rather stick with src/test/java for both ITs and regular tests and just use the standard name conventions as configured by default for plugins surefire/failsafe maven plugins, that is *Test.java [1] for unit tests and *IT.java [2] for integration tests?

- Georg

[1] https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/inclusion-exclusion.html [2] https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-failsafe-plugin/examples/inclusion-exclusion.html

On 2018-11-07 17:29, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Hi,

We discussed a couple of time that it would be desireable to move tests
closer to the code they're testing.

I wrote a proposal about how this could look like in terms of results

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Moving+integration+tests+closer+to+the+code+they+test

I purposefully avoided looking into implementation details to avoid
doing too much work for nothing.

What do you think about this possibility?

Thanks,