+1 on a simple resource provider, I'm curious about the focus on a filesystem
provider. I've started playing around with creating one and I see a clear
logical association between what a resource provider needs and a key-value
store. Good key-value stores already have versioning, and non blocking read and
writes. Things that are architecturally nice to have removed from our hands.

Something like mvstore - http://www.h2database.com/html/mvstore.html
or lmdb  - https://symas.com/lmdb/

would be really good to build on.

- Jason