We are actually looking to replace the current kafka adapter with something
more general.

In aries journaled events we started to build a very slim journaled
messaging api and also got a kafka adapter there.
See https://github.com/apache/aries-journaled-events

We also work together with Data in motion on an OSGi spec for messaging
that also includes journaled messaging. For the upcoming spec it is not yet
clear where it will end up.

So for now we plan to put the kafka adapter to sling but it will be
replaced by either the aries one or the new OSGi spec.

Christian

Am Mo., 25. März 2019 um 14:41 Uhr schrieb Andrei Dulvac <dul...@apache.org
>:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I have a small doubt regarding org.apache.sling.distribution.journal.kafka
> and how well it will be maintained.
> But looks super neat.
>
> +1
>
> - Andrei
>
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 1:09 AM Timothee Maret <tma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I, Christian Schneider and Marius Petria, have built at Adobe a content
> > distribution implementation optimised for cloud deployments.
> >
> > The design implements the Sling Content Distribution APIs and is portable
> > to various messaging system or backends exposing journaling capability.
> The
> > design is based on the event sourcing pattern, supports Sling nodes
> > horizontal auto-scaling, is resilient to errors and minimise content
> > repository resources significantly.
> >
> > This implementation started inside Adobe as it was initially tied to a
> > proprietary journal offering. Today, we are proposing this donation to
> > Apache Sling as we think it would be a useful addition to the SCD
> framework
> > (in the distribution group [0]) and we expect to benefit from the
> community
> > inputs going further. We will keep maintaining & developing the
> > implementation as we are rolling it out in production. The donation is
> > functional on Apache Kafka.
> >
> > Please cast your vote.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Timothee