On 20.09.2019 13:30, Robert Munteanu wrote:
On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 13:23 +0200, Radu Cotescu wrote:
On 20 Sep 2019, at 13:10, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
What do you mean by 'builds'? All modules? Note that building all
modules with Java 11 would require updating to a more recent parent
pom.

Yes, all modules. I know that we have to first update them to parent
35, but once we’re done with that we should maybe try to set up our
Jenkins jobs so that we make sure our modules build (and not only
run) on:

Java 8
Java 11
Latest short-term release

That would work for me. Feel feel to file an issue, there are a number
of tasks which we must done before this change, and we should capture
that information in Jira.

FWIW, note that Oak trunk does not build with Java 14 (see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-7358>), so this will be a
problem once Java 14 is released since months from now.

Another nice issue is with Javadoc in JDK-13, which makes requirements
that are incompatible with earlier Java versions - so by supporting 13
you may have to drop Javadoc support for earlier versions (fun! see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-8288> and
<https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8223552>).

Best regards, Julian