well, updating the dependency would not guarantee this, because our bundle
contains only a dependency to the latest package version of the 3rdparty dep,
not the bundle version which contains the security fix.
thus the dependency may be fulfilled with an slightly older bundle that is
still vulnerable.

on the other hand updating to the latest version in such a huge step (2.3 to
2.9) may lead to more hassle on target systems where only a new update of our
bundle should be deployed and this forces updating other bundles as well (with
no really need by the implementation of the bundle).

in my pov the osgi package version dependencies are not the right vehicle to
enforce deploying 3rdparty bundles without vulnerabilities on the target
systems.

stefan