Hi and happy new year to everyone,
I am currently bringing the OSGi installer to the newest parent and therefore
reviewing the dependencies.
In
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-installer-provider-jcr/blob/914ef527268860dd85082ad0c2afe86cd284b1b6/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/installer/provider/jcr/impl/JcrInstaller.java#L783

<https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-installer-provider-jcr/blob/914ef527268860dd85082ad0c2afe86cd284b1b6/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/installer/provider/jcr/impl/JcrInstaller.java#L783>
 a file based node is created manually. Instead I would rather like to use
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.18/org/apache/jackrabbit/commons/JcrUtils.html#putFile-javax.jcr.Node-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-java.io.InputStream-

<https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.18/org/apache/jackrabbit/commons/JcrUtils.html#putFile-javax.jcr.Node-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-java.io.InputStream->.
 For that I would need to add an additional dependency towards jcr-commons to
the pom.xml which would lead to another runtime dependency. IMHO that wouldn't
be a problem for Sling Starter as that anyways comes with jcr-commons in
Startlevel 15
(https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter/blob/9898f313147e97e15721b71198c5196d4b4a1262/src/main/provisioning/sling.txt#L68

<https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter/blob/9898f313147e97e15721b71198c5196d4b4a1262/src/main/provisioning/sling.txt#L68>).
Are there any concerns with adding that dependency to the JCR Provider?

Thanks and regards
Konrad