[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8167?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17055430#comment-17055430
 ] 

Robert Munteanu commented on SLING-8167:
----------------------------------------

I personally would like for {{sling.home}} to be automagically available as a 
variable so I can use it without any preparation. However, I would be OK with 
Karl's suggestion of catching these kinds of problems as logging a warning 
message (or an error if we're sure nothing good can come out of it).

> Using sling.home as a variable leads to runtime errors
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SLING-8167
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8167
>             Project: Sling
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Feature Model
>    Affects Versions: slingfeature-maven-plugin 0.8.0
>            Reporter: Robert Munteanu
>            Priority: Major
>
> I tried using ${sling.home} as a variable but replacement did not work and 
> ended up failing at runtime when the property was used to try and create a 
> directory, e.g. - failed creating directory "/${sling.home}/foo".
> I was able to work around by declaring a ${sling.home}: null variable but I 
> wonder whether we can have better handling of such scenarios.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

Reply via email to