Hi Robert.

The reasoning is that for the testing clients, which is packaged as a
bundle, I still like to use semver  for the maven version, even though not
strictly required.

For the testing rules, it's a bit trickier, but the reasoning is the
testing clients are supposed to be used as a transient dependency by the
end user.

I'll have a think about the overall strategy. I don't think a major version
bump is a problem, but it's a valid point, for sure.

Here's my +1 as well.

Thanks
Andrei