For me the tests are interesting (although an edge case).
But the deployment should not be as a bundle into OSGi but rather as a
dedicated 2nd war
(https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/jetty-maven-plugin.html#deploy-war-running-pre-assembled-war

<https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/jetty-maven-plugin.html#deploy-war-running-pre-assembled-war>
 ) while executing
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing-war/blob/fa39f6a3c238cd79da4962ebf3f827f19b567016/pom.xml#L128

That was also the intention I guess as services-war have the packaging war
(https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-test-services-war/blob/e93ea20c1f62d8219efd0e749c7e12f4225695d2/pom.xml#L31).

Konrad

If we deprecate (and I am not against it) we should IMHO deprecate
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing-war
<https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing-war> at the
same time and say War in general may or may not work!