My question still is why is this necessary. The Sling Kickstart Maven Plugin
does the same thing and if something is missing it can be added.
Even though it is geared towards launching Sling it can launch any other
Feature Model or Feature Archive (‘can’ here means that I can put that in place
but might now work right now like that).

Cheers - Andy