Hi Bertrand,

On Mon, 2020-08-31 at 18:26 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Sling/job/modules/job/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing/
> has been failing often lately, and IIUC it's timing out after 15
> minutes.
>
> I see at
> https://github.com/apache/sling-tooling-jenkins/blob/fc0216b06b682a670e41a26e5f256b3fa8c76280/src/org/apache/sling/jenkins/SlingJenkinsHelper.groovy#L63
> a hardcoded 15 minutes timeout, is there a simple way to override
> that, or do we need changes to that helper?

We don't have a way to change that ATM, so we could either:

- change the timeout to a higher value
- allow it to be configurable

However, what is not clear to me yet is why the builds time out. We are
using the 'activity: true' parameter, which configures the build to

  timeout after no activity in logs for this block instead of absolute
  duration.

as per [1].

So either the 'activity' parameter is not taken into account _or_ we
really have 15 minutes without activity. Perhaps we should check the
timestamps?

Robert

[1]:
https://www.jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/workflow-basic-steps/#timeout-enforce-time-limit