Agreed (though SIP-14 helps towards that end)…

Thoughts on what the commands might look like?   What do you think will be the
road blocks?   Do we have any JIRA tickets that layout the path forward?

In the SIP there is some discussion of starting with a ZookeeperServerEmbedded,
and even a PR by Mike Drob: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/522 for that
and migrating tests over…. It was last touched in January 2022 however.

I’m wondering if we still think that is the way to go to start with?  Is how we
use Zookeeper still so fragile that we need to redo that plumbing first, versus
maybe trying instead to start with the enabling of Zookeeper based on the role
of the server instead?

I should be clear, I’m not volunteering to lead implementing this SIP as well….
I’m still pretty focused on wrapping up some things with the Solr CLI for the
next few months ;-).

>>> http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <