On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:32:13 +0000, Justin Mason wrote:

http://anyall.org/blog/2009/04/performance-comparison-keyvalue-stores-for-language-model-counts/

> highlight: a Tokyo Cabinet hashtable performed at 1400 ops/sec compared to
> BerkeleyDB's 340 (via python bindings), over 4 times faster.  There's been
> a lot of good press about it.... possibly a candidate for a future plugin?

The times look really bizarre to me.

An in memory store can only do 2700 "tweets/sec" (whatever that
means)??? That's INCREDIBLY low.

I suspect BerkelyDB there is at about as fast as you might get without
turning off fsync to disk. Tokyo Cabinet is probably faster because it
doesn't fsync. I imagine that's about all there is to it.

Would love to be proven wrong though.

Matt.