https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/show_bug.cgi?id=6114

Adam Katz <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Attachment #4485|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #18 from Adam Katz <[email protected]> 2009-09-24 07:50:25 PDT ---
Created an attachment (id=4540)
 --> (https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/attachment.cgi?id=4540)
khop-sc-neighbors channel SA config from 2009-09-24 10a EDT

Current version attached, including move to optimized regexps from a while ago.

Justin:  can you point me to some docs regarding the SVN rules, directions, and
responsibilities (i.e. how to get the account, what I should and shouldn't do
with the account, what I can and cannot submit)?

Warren:  as discussed in IRC, I tried asking spamcop for explicit permission
but got no response.  This means they know about it and know that it's live and
in use, and presumably they'd have objected if it were frowned upon.

Further justification:  the SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL, bl.spamcop.net) is
fully free for all to use as per
<http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/299.html> and they publish their top
offending network lists in a parser-friendly format, which wouldn't make any
sense if the data was supposed to be protected or private.  Also, the data
pulled by my script is negligible at a few KB a day (I use more of their
bandwidth with my spam reports!), pulled only by my server, which then serves
the data to the world, so there is no bandwidth issue.

As to hosting sc-neighbors as a DNSBL ... it's something I've considered (I
even have a somewhat complete implementation of it), but Warren is right on the
money when he concludes that the list is so damn small that it doesn't make any
sense as a DNSBL.  My only additional thought is that I could rig it as a DNSBL
solely for the purpose of not needing to update the rules in SVN, but I'd be
much happier syncing the static rules.

-- 
Configure bugmail: 
https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to