> It's been a week.  But you've been making excellent progress on closing
> bugs.  If you want to keep that up and put off switching to RTC I wouldn't
> object.  Hell, I'd bring you a sandwich if you lived within a few hours of
> here.

I have the first part of the sa-update change mostly ready, will
commit for review possibly tonight or tomorrow. Giving up on
the LWP module (but keeping it as a fallback), but using
external programs curl or wget of fetch preferentially, as they
all know how to deal with IPv4/IPv6 and A/AAAA/CNAME properly,
unlike the libwww-perl which seems to be ignoring IPv6 support
requests persistently.

What remains is to deal with avoiding repeated downloads if
later stages of rules installation fails. Not sure how to go
about it (and where to keep downloaded files).

  Mark