Willem,

> Hi Spamassassin developers,
>
> This message was from more than a year ago.  We would like to revert our
> temporary workaround in Net::DNS.  Is it safe now?  Is a Spamassassin
> released which works without the workaround?
>
> op 14-12-12 18:37, Kevin A. McGrail schreef:
> > On 12/14/2012 12:33 PM, Mark Martinec wrote:
> >>   2) ask the Net::DNS folks if they'd be willing to put back the
> >>
> >> unconditionally double-quoted form for 0.71, and keep it there
> >> for at least until SpamAssassin 3.4 really hits the streets;
> >> meanwhile suggest people to switch Net::DNS to 0.71 or to 0.68;

> >> Looking back at what I just wrote, the #2 looks to me
> >> the most appealing.
> >
> > +1.  Can you reach out to them and just ask for perhaps 3 months?
> >
> > Regards,
> > KAM

Well, the three months grace period has extended itself to a year,
and we are stuck at 3.4.0-RC3 since October. I don't think there are
any major blockers for a release, just needs some good will on our part
to do it.

So I don't have a heart to ask you to stall the pending change in Net::DNS.
On the bright side, of those that keep up with most recent releases of
perl modules, many of us are already running the unreleased 3.4.0 for a
long time (including some derivatives like zimbra), so won't be affected.

  Mark