On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:07 PM, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@pccc.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/2014 10:49 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> I’ve contributed fixes to Apache itself since 1997 (though not with any
>> regularity), but can’t remember if I’ve ever had to furnish a CLA or not.
>
> Of course.  Small fixes don't meet the level of non-trivialness to merit a
> CLA but having a CLA on file is a great first step to getting karma in the
> meritocracy that is the ASF.  If you had a CLA, your name SHOULD be on this
> list: http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas

Faxed it in on Tuesday and just got an acknowledgment.

>> Sure, opening a bug is fine.
> Thanks.

I already did one (7054) to have PerMsgStatus.pm do lookups and cache answers
so that plugins don’t have to.

I’ll open one for this feature and refer back to #7054.

>> As to your last questions: for someone who doesn’t need the complexity of
>> using an DNSBL, doesn’t want the wide scope of using a DNSBL, want to have
>> to configure it, or perhaps just wants a significantly more precise tool to
>> solve a very limited problem, local blacklisting lets you do this.
>
> This is great. I would put ALL of this in the pm file so the perldoc includes
> it.

Okay, revising…

One other change that I realized I needed:  certain “legitimate” projects
(OpenWRT, Fedora, etc) are hosted (at least in part) by some ISPs which have
otherwise been entirely problematic for us.

To this end, I decided to add exclusions on hostnames or addresses (hostnames
being more useful in the majority of situations) such as:

uri_block_exclude L_BLOCK_ISP fedoraproject.org www.antiphishing.org
www.spamhaus.org

so that a blocking of (for instance) “ServerBeach” wouldn’t also block email
containing URL’s for the above hosts.

-Philip