On 01/12/2015 11:19 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 1/12/2015 2:12 PM, Axb wrote:
I see that v341.pre contains

# TxRep - Reputation database that replaces AWL
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TxRep

imo, this should NOT be enabled by default
Why not?  We've been testing it for months and you still need to do
use_txrep 1.

i can see making sure it's documented in the upgrade docs but any
serious SA installation should always review the pre files when rolling
out a new version.

- as it has to to be enabled separately, it makes no real sense to load in memory unless you're going to use it.

- all other none core plugins have to be explicitely enabled in .pre file to avoid surprises, why would this be any different?

btw: Do we have any TxRep stats from high traffic clustered sites using SQL? or is this more of a single box feature?

Axb