On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

On 2/20/2015 1:50 PM, Mark Martinec wrote:
 As the possessive quantifier is just a shorthand for the independent
 subexpression (?>pattern), which was introduced with 5.8, wouldn't it
 be just easier to rewrite these few rules and avoid the possessive
 quantifier, along with all their conditionals.

If the edits are that trivial, I would make them. I think we need to aim still for 5.8 based on distro support.

+1

 What nuts do with guns is terrible, certainly. But what evil or crazy
 people do with *anything* is not a valid argument for banning that
 item.                            -- John C. Randolph <j...@idiom.com>
 2 days until George Washington's 283rd Birthday