On Tue, 8 Feb 2022, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

Since we don't seem to have consensus on changing the default does anybody
object to a pre-file that disables it? That would be more clearly
documented in people will look at the pre-file for V4.

+1 for making it explicitly disabled in the v4.0 PRE file.

I was going to respond "I have no objections" to the initial request but I've been recovering from a hardware failure in my mail server... :(

Regards, KAM