GitHub user srowen opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/77

    SPARK-1181. 'mvn test' fails out of the box since sbt assembly does not
necessarily exist

    The test suite requires that "sbt assembly" has been run in order for some
tests (like DriverSuite) to pass. The tests themselves say as much.

    This means that a "mvn test" from a fresh clone fails.

    There's a pretty simple fix, to have Maven's test-compile phase invoke "sbt
assembly". I suppose the only downside is re-invoking "sbt assembly" each time
tests are run.

    I'm open to ideas about how to set this up more intelligently but it would
be a generally good thing if the Maven build's tests passed out of the box.

    $ git pull https://github.com/srowen/spark SPARK-1181

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/77.patch

    This closes #77

----
commit 3cf7ddc9e3762baecce5e62e9fdc9606519cb0bb
Author: Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Date:   2014-03-04T18:37:12Z

    Invoke "sbt assembly" during test-compile phase to ensure tests that
require the assembly to pass

----

---
with INFRA.