GitHub user rxin opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/149

    SPARK-1255: Allow user to pass Serializer object instead of class name for
shuffle.

    This is more general than simply passing a string name and leaves more room
for performance optimizations.

    Note that this is technically an API breaking change - but I suspect nobody
else in this world has used this API other than me in GraphX and Shark.

    $ git pull https://github.com/rxin/spark serializer

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/149.patch

    This closes #149

----
commit 7420185373ca90950af0f24831ad3ef10c097acc