*(Includes solution)*

I was having this weird issue where when I use a Spark 0.9.1 or earlier Jar
file in IntelliJ I can see its contents and IntelliJ can work with it. But
when I compile version 1.0.0 from source my jar is not being recognized by
IntelliJ even though I can build my project using ant from the command
line.

*Snapshot attached.*

[image: Inline image 1]

Basically IntelliJ on Mac always uses Apple JDK 1.6 to run. You have to
manually change it to run under 1.7 so it can look inside a 1.7 jar
compiled to 1.7 byte code. In case you run into this, use this link to
change the JVM under which intelliJ runs.

https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/entries/23455956-Selecting-the-JDK-version-the-IDE-will-run-under