Matei,
Thanks for confirming. I was looking specifically at the REPL part and how
it can be significantly simplified with 2.11 Scala, without having to
inherit a full copy of a refactored repl inside Spark. I am happy to
investigate/contribute a simpler 2.11 based REPL if this is were seen as a
priority (1.1 does not seem "too far" away.) However a 2.10 compatible
cross build would still require a separate (existing) REPL code for the
2.10 build, no?

Thanks.