I'm trying to sort data in each partition of an RDD.
I was able to do it successfully in Scala like this:

val sorted = rdd.mapPartitions(iter => {
  iter.toArray.sortWith((x, y) => x._2.compare(y._2) < 0).iterator
},
preservesPartitioning = true)

I used the same technique as in OrderedRDDFunctions.scala, so I assume it's
a reasonable way to do it.

This works well so far, but I can't seem to do the same thing in Java
because 'iter' in the Java APIs is an Iterator rather than an Iterable.
There may be an unattractive workaround, but I didn't pursue it.

Ideally, it would be nice to have an efficient, robust method in RDD to sort
each partition.
Does something like that exist?

Thanks!

-----