Bharath, (apologies if you're already familiar with the theory): the
proposed approach may or may not be appropriate depending on the overall
transfer function in your data. In general, a single logistic regressor
cannot approximate arbitrary non-linear functions (of linear combinations
of the inputs). You can review works by, e.g., Hornik and Cybenko in the
late 80's to see if you need something more, such as a simple, one
hidden-layer neural network.

This is a good summary:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.101.2647&rep=rep1&type=pdf

--