Hi,

I have been playing around with Spark for the past few days, and evaluating
the possibility of migrating into Spark (Spark SQL) from Hive/Hadoop.

I am working on the WSO2 Business Activity Monitor (WSO2 BAM,
https://docs.wso2.com/display/BAM241/WSO2+Business+Activity+Monitor+Documentation
) which has currently employed Hive. We are considering Spark as a
successor for Hive, given it's performance enhancement.

We have currently employed several custom storage-handlers in Hive.
Example:
WSO2 JDBC and Cassandra storage handlers:
https://docs.wso2.com/display/BAM241/JDBC+Storage+Handler+for+Hive
https://docs.wso2.com/display/BAM241/Creating+Hive+Queries+to+Analyze+Data#CreatingHiveQueriestoAnalyzeData-cas

I would like to know where Spark SQL can work with these storage
handlers (while using HiveContext may be) ?

Best regards
--
*Niranda Perera*
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.