Hi,
After getting the code base to compile, I tried running some of the scala examples.
  They all fail since it can't find classes like SparkConf.
If I change the iml file to convert provided scope from PROVIDED to COMPILE, I am able to run them. It's simple by doing the following in the root directory of the spark code base: find . -name "*.iml" | xargs sed -i.bak 's/PROVIDED/COMPILE/g'. Is this expected? I'd really rather not modify the iml files since they were sourced from the pom xml files, so if you guys have some tips on doing this better, that would be great...

Thanks,
Ron