as with all software upgrades, sometimes things don't always work as
expected.

a recent change to stapler[1], to verbosely
report NotExportableExceptions[2] is spamming our jenkins log file with
stack traces, which is growing rather quickly (1.2G since 9am).  this has
been reported to the jenkins jira[3], and a fix has been pushed and will be
rolled out "soon"[4].

this isn't affecting any builds, and jenkins is happily humming along.

in the interim, so that we don't run out of disk space, i will be
redirecting the jenkins logs tommorow morning to /dev/null for the long
weekend.

once a real fix has been released, i will update any packages needed and
redirect the logging back to the log file.

other than a short downtime, this will have no user-facing impact.

please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

thanks for your patience!

shane "the new guy"  :)

[1] -- https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Architecture
[2] --