The spark-ec2 repository isn't a part of Mesos. Back in the days, Spark
used to be hosted in the Mesos github organization as well and so we put
scripts that were used by Spark under the same organization.

FWIW I don't think these scripts belong in the Spark repository. They are
helper scripts that setup EC2 clusters with different components like HDFS,
Spark, Tachyon etc. Also one of the motivations for creating this
repository was the ability to change these scripts without requiring a new
Spark release or a new AMI etc.

We can move the repository to a different github organization like AMPLab
if that'll make sense.

Thanks
Shivaram