From: Priya Ch [mailto:learnings.chitt...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:31 PM
To: u...@spark.apache.org; dev@spark.apache.org
Subject: spark.local.dir and spark.worker.dir not used

Hi,

I am using spark 1.0.0. In my spark code i m trying to persist an rdd to disk
as rrd.persist(DISK_ONLY). But unfortunately couldn't find the location where
the rdd has been written to disk. I specified SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS and
SPARK_WORKER_DIR to some other location rather than using the default /tmp
directory, but still couldnt see anything in worker directory andspark ocal
directory.

I also tried specifying the local dir and worker dir from the spark code while
defining the SparkConf as conf.set("spark.local.dir", "/home/padma/sparkdir")
but the directories are not used.

In general which directories spark would be using for map output files,
intermediate writes and persisting rdd to disk ?

Thanks,
Padma Ch