Hi All,

I've just cut the release branch for Spark 1.2, consistent with then
end of the scheduled feature window for the release. New commits to
master will need to be explicitly merged into branch-1.2 in order to
be in the release.

This begins the transition into a QA period for Spark 1.2, with a
focus on testing and fixes. A few smaller features may still go in as
folks wrap up loose ends in the next 48 hours (or for developments in
alpha components).

To help with QA, I'll try to package up a SNAPSHOT release soon for
community testing; this worked well when testing Spark 1.1 before
official votes started. I might give it a few days to allow committers
to merge in back-logged fixes and other patches that were punted to
after the feature freeze.

Thanks to everyone who helped author and review patches over the last few weeks!

- Patrick