Hey All,

I've just merged a patch that adds support for Scala 2.11 which will
have some minor implications for the build. These are due to the
complexities of supporting two versions of Scala in a single project.

1. The JDBC server will now require a special flag to build
-Phive-thriftserver on top of the existing flag -Phive. This is
because some build permutations (only in Scala 2.11) won't support the
JDBC server yet due to transitive dependency conflicts.

2. The build now uses non-standard source layouts in a few additional
places (we already did this for the Hive project) - the repl and the
examples modules. This is just fine for maven/sbt, but it may affect
users who import the build in IDE's that are using these projects and
want to build Spark from the IDE. I'm going to update our wiki to
include full instructions for making this work well in IntelliJ.

If there are any other build related issues please respond to this
thread and we'll make sure they get sorted out. Thanks to Prashant
Sharma who is the author of this feature!

- Patrick