From: slcclimber [via Apache Spark Developers List]
<ml-node+s1001551n9399...@n3.nabble.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:45 AM
To: Ashutosh Trivedi (MT2013030)
Subject: Re: [MLlib] Contributing Algorithm for Outlier Detection

Ashutosh,
The counter will certainly be an parellization issue when multiple nodes are
used specially over massive datasets.
A better approach would be to use some thing along these lines:

    val index = sc.parallelize(Range.Long(0, rdd.count, 1), rdd.partitions.size)
    val rddWithIndex = rdd.zip(index)
Which zips the two RDD's in a parallelizable fashion.