Hey Evan,

It might be nice to merge this into existing documentation. In
particular, a lot of this could serve to update the current tuning
section and programming guides.

It could also work to paste this wholesale as a reference for Spark
users, but in that case it's less likely to get updated when other
things change, or be found by users reading through the spark docs.

- Patrick