I recently came across this blog post, which reminded me of this thread.

How to Discourage Open Source Contributions
<http://danluu.com/discourage-oss/>

We are currently at 320+ open PRs, many of which haven't been updated in
over a month. We have quite a few PRs that haven't been touched in 3-5
months.

*If you have the time and interest, please hop on over to the Spark PR
Dashboard <https://spark-prs.appspot.com/>, sort the PRs by
least-recently-updated, and update them where you can.*

I share the blog author's opinion that letting PRs go stale discourages
contributions, especially from first-time contributors, and especially more
so when the PR author is waiting on feedback from a committer or
contributor.

I've been thinking about simple ways to make it easier for all of us to
chip in on controlling stale PRs in an incremental way. For starters, would
it help if an automated email went out to the dev list once a week that a)
reported the number of stale PRs, and b) directly linked to the 5 least
recently updated PRs?

Nick