It's not so cheap to compute row similarities when there are many rows, as
it amounts to computing the outer product of a matrix A (i.e. computing
AA^T, which is expensive).

There is a JIRA to track handling (1) and (2) more efficiently than
computing all pairs: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-3066