Hey All,

Due to the very high volume of contributions, we're switching to an
automated process for generating release credits. This process relies
on JIRA for categorizing contributions, so it's not possible for us to
provide credits in the case where users submit pull requests with no
associated JIRA.

This needed to be automated because, with more than 1000 commits per
release, finding proper names for every commit and summarizing
contributions was taking on the order of days of time.

For 1.2.0 there were around 100 commits that did not have JIRA's. I'll
try to manually merge these into the credits, but please e-mail me
directly if you are not credited once the release notes are posted.
The notes should be posted within 48 hours of right now.

We already ask that users include a JIRA for pull requests, but now it
will be required for proper attribution. I've updated the contributing
guide on the wiki to reflect this.

- Patrick