Gents,

I tried #3820. It doesn't work. I'm still getting the following exceptions:

Exception in thread "Thread-45" java.lang.RuntimeException: Unsupported
datatype DateType
        at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.ParquetTypesConverter$anonfun$fromDataType$2.apply(ParquetTypes.scala:343)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.ParquetTypesConverter$anonfun$fromDataType$2.apply(ParquetTypes.scala:292)
        at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:120)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.ParquetTypesConverter$.fromDataType(ParquetTypes.scala:291)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.ParquetTypesConverter$anonfun$4.apply(ParquetTypes.scala:363)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.ParquetTypesConverter$anonfun$4.apply(ParquetTypes.scala:362)

I would more than happy to fix this myself, but I would need some help
wading through the code. Could anyone explain to me what exactly is needed
to support a new data type in SparkSQL's Parquet storage engine?

Thanks.

Alex