To respond to the original suggestion by Nick. I always thought it
would be useful to have a Docker image on which we run the tests and
build releases, so that we could have a consistent environment that
other packagers or people trying to exhaustively run Spark tests could
replicate (or at least look at) to understand exactly how we recommend
building Spark. Sean - do you think that is too high of overhead?

In terms of providing images that we encourage as standard deployment
images of Spark and want to make portable across environments, that's
a much larger project and one with higher associated maintenance
overhead. So I'd be interested in seeing that evolve as its own
project (spark-deploy) or something associated with bigtop, etc.

- Patrick