Has anyone else noticed very strange build behavior in the network-*
projects?

maven seems to the doing the right, but sbt is very inconsistent.
Sometimes when it builds network-shuffle it doesn't know about any of the
code in network-common.  Sometimes it will completely skip the java unit
tests.  And then some time later, it'll suddenly decide it knows about some
more of the java unit tests.  Its not from a simple change, like touching a
test file, or a file the test depends on -- nor a restart of sbt.  I am
pretty confused.

maven had issues when I tried to add scala code to network-common, it would
compile the scala code but not make it available to java.  I'm working
around that by just coding in java anyhow.  I'd really like to be able to
run my tests in sbt, though, it makes the development iterations much
faster.

thanks,
Imran