Thanks for the feedback.  As you stated UDTs are explicitly not a public
api as we knew we were going to be making breaking changes to them.  We
hope to stabilize / open them up in future releases.  Regarding the Hive
issue, have you tried using TestHive instead.  This is what we use for
testing and it takes care of creating temporary directories for all
storage.  It also has a reset() function that you can call in-between
tests.  If this doesn't work for you, maybe open a JIRA and we can discuss
more there.