Davies and Reynold,

Glad to hear about the status.

I’ve seen [SPARK-7813](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-7813) and
watching it now.

If I understand correctly, it’s aimed at moving CodeGenerator’s
expressionEvaluator’s code-gen logic into each expressions’ eval() and
eliminating to chose between row evaluation methods in Physical Operators?
What’s the reason motives this refactoring job? to use code-gen version
aggressively in evaluation?